UNIT 3 (That is entertainment)
En la pasiva la persona o cosa a la que se realiza la acción pasa a ser el sujeto de la oración.
|Present Simple||The house is painted by her|
|Present Continuous||The house is being painted by her|
|Past Simple||The house was painted by her|
|Past Continuous||The house was being painted by her|
|Present Perfect Simple||The house has been painted by her|
|Past Perfect Simple||The house had been painted by her|
|Future Simple||The house will be painted by her|
|Future Perfect Simple||The house will have been painted by her|
|Modals||The house must be painted by her|
|Modal Perfects||The house must have been painted by her|
|have to||The house has to be painted by her|
|be going to||The house is going to be painted by her|
La causativa en inglés se usa en las situaciones en que tú no eres quien realiza la acción, pero sí quieres que se haga o mandas que así sea.
- Hollywood has its films created almost exclusively by men.
- The studio got the set built by an experienced company.
Gerunds and Infinitives
- Forgot to buy = olvidarse de comprar (no lo compro)
- Forgot buying = olvidarse de que lo habia comprado
- Filming = grabar
- Watching = ver ( pelicula…)
- Arriving = llegar ( a un lugar)
- Advise you to hire = aconsejar que contrates
- Easy to see = fácil de ver
On this unit, the writing part is about a review of a film.