Conditional/ Time Clauses
- Zero Conditional: if/when/unless + Present Simple, + Present Simple (modal + base form)
Example:If I drink coffee, I don’t sleep at night.
- First Conditional: if/unless + Past Simple, + Future Simple/ Imperative (modal + base form)
Example: If he doesn’t rest, he may have drowsy.
- Second Conditional: if/unless + Past Simple, + would/ could/ might + base form
- Example: If I had the money, I would travel all over the world.
- Third Conditional: if + Past Perfect Simple, + would have/ could have/ might have + past participle.
- Example: If you had come, you would have had a really good time.
Exercise of third conditional
- put on: poner
- broke out: estallar/salir
- used up: acostumbrado
- go over: superar/ repasar
- go along: marcharse
- go on: continuar
- throw away: tirar
- look after: cuidar
- give in: rendirse
- came down with: coger ( un resfriado)
- break in: interrumpir
- break out: escaparse
- break up: romper
- pick up: recoger
- put down: soltar/dejar
- turn in: entregar/ irse a la cama